The Sailing Challenge
The winds of change are always blowing,
All you need to do is raise your sails!
“You cannot control the wind but you can adjust your sails”… the lessons that sailing as a team activity brings forth is relevant for individuals, teams and the context of Leadership. Not just that, Sailing brings forth many life lessons that participants can take back long after the experience just remains a memory. Here are a few:
• It is ok to fail
• Tap into what every individual brings to the team
• Learn to be both captain and crew
• Have a bias for action
• Stay mindful at all times
• Don’t wait for the winds to die down
FocusU in partnership with Aquasail India is proud to bring to you the Sailing Challenge – an activity that draws out the physical, mental, emotional energy of all participants – while also leaving them with an exhilarating experience like no other!
The Sailing Challenge uses the metaphor of sailing and sailing races to help surface powerful insights and create a business connect while also helping team members to connect, to bond and to create memories.. Kayak racing and the Regatta create the learning context such that business insights get surfaced very spontaneously and naturally. Powerful debriefing helps link the activity to the organizational context. While this will be an experience high on learning, it is also a highly rewarding and exhilarating experience!
A few key parameters:
90 – 180 minutes
(At Goa, Alibaugh, Mandwa, Mumbai)
Where this can be run
Debrief can be customised
Is this workshop right for my team?
The Sailing Challenge is a refreshing new experience that will take all your team out into the open outdoors in a climate that encourages interpersonal barriers to be dropped.
The outcomes that the workshop seeks to achieve with the participants are:
• To understand and appreciate one’s self better
• Foster mutual respect and trust so that the strengths of each individual is leveraged to create maximum synergy
• Drive home the importance of charting a single course ahead as a team
• Appreciate and respect each other’s contexts and perspectives
• To share and reach out to each other when needed, to perform as a highly effective team
• Truly appreciating what is needed to drive great execution
Through an immersive workshop experience that is high on energy and intensity of discussions and sharing, FocusU brings to life the Sailing Challenge – to take participants through an experience like no other.
Contact Us today – we will be glad to meet up and discuss the possibilities for your team!