Lights, Camera, Action!
Anyone who has ever watched a movie after the final scene ends, and the credits start rolling – would appreciate that it takes a tremendous amount of team work, communication, co-ordination, creativity, leadership and time management to create a movie.
FocusU now turns this fascinating film making activity into a mesmerizing new challenge, called The Celluloid Challenge. In this challenge that gets every single person in the team engaged and contributing, we turn your employees into full film production units. The teams are challenged – to produce their own unique movies! Alternatively, we can custom design the content for the group to incorporate their very own company message, corporate focus or offsite theme.
• When run in the physical mode, teams are handed props, costumes and a handycam. A Co-Facilitator will take each team through a crash course on movie making – handling & using the camera, editing etc. As the clock ticks away, teams are faced with a series of decisions to make. Who will be the actors? Who is going to direct? And what about the camera operator? What props and costumes to choose? Which story-line to go with? And of course – what is a Bollywood production without some song and dance? So, who will be the choreographer, singers and dancers? Which locations to shoot at? Clearly, serious teamwork will be essential for success in this anything-but-serious event.
• While run in the virtual mode, teams are given pre-decided themes and shown a sample video of how a finished movie would look like. Teams are faced with multiple decisions to make. Who will do what? What will be the sequence? What will be the entire story line? How do we ensure it looks seamless? How do we ensure the sound quality is even when shot across locations? And of course, what about the song and dance? Clearly, serious teamwork will be essential for success in this anything-but-serious event. One of the very popular versions of this challenge for instance is the #dontrushchallenge.
It all comes to a delightful climax with an award ceremony, hosted by the esteemed “Head of the Film Academy Committee.” The cheering, the laughter and the smiles happen in big measure, as each team screens their masterpiece for the rest of the groups to savour.
A few key parameters:
2 – 3 hours
Physical or Virtual
Where this can be run
Debrief can be customised
Is this workshop right for my team?
The Celluloid Challenge is an activity that calls for both left brain planning and right brain creativity.
The activity brings forth different themes that can be debriefed and discussed at the end of the activity. A few of these being:
• The importance of communication in real and virtual teams
• Horses for courses – the importance of role allocation
• Embracing our discomfort and adapting to new challenges
• Aligning to one vision
If you are looking for an engaging activity, that helps individuals in your team get to know each other better, FocusU invites you to the Celluloid Challenge
Contact Us today – we will be glad to meet up and discuss the possibilities for your team!