Careers in FocusU
Build on your unique strengths, interests and passions and inspire change by working on organizational challenges & learning journeys!
FocusU is an exceptional place to launch or sustain a rewarding career in the domains of Learning & Facilitation. The range of workshops that we offer to our clients, calls for our team to be very learning agile, voracious readers, open to new outcomes & possibilities and passionately driven to create an impact for our customers. We are always looking for kindred souls. Read on to know if this feels like a place for you.
Life at FocusU
Regardless of what role one performs here, the expectation is to be a team player and to help others succeed. If personal growth is your only motivator, this place will not resonate. A few other themes here are: No micromanagement. Being self-driven. Being extremely hungry to keep learning. To laugh easily and much. To live CHOPS every single moment.
What you will do
Our team today serves a wide spread of clients – most of whom are blue chip companies. We create impact with these organizations by being their learning partners, engagement partners, consultants and advisors. You will work with client teams all across the country and also across some global geographies. You will engage on a wide spectrum of customer challenges.
How you will grow
At FocusU, learning never stops. On an average, we add two new offerings to our portfolio every month. Alongside, we also partner with some of the best learning organizations across the world. All this, along with exposure to the learning and business challenges of some of the world’s leading companies, ensures a constant opportunity for personalised growth.
We're looking for people who believe in
Rancho (From 3 Idiots)
Old FocusU Saying
We are big believers in the Danish “Hygge.” For us it is about being with people we love. A feeling of home. A feeling that we are safe and shielded to let our guards down. It is about enjoying a cup of tea in silence with friends, while it rains outside.
We are big believers that books are the cheapest & easiest way for individuals and hence the organization to grow. So, anyone wanting to buy ANY book to learn can just go ahead without any prior approvals. All we ask is – do share the knowledge!
A large part of life in FocusU is about travel. We believe that travel is the best teacher. Our work takes us to all parts and corners of the country (and sometimes outside too) where workshops are done. Truly as it is said, “All those who wander are not lost.”
Moments we cherish
OPENINGS WITH US
In this role the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
• Writing content from scratch and/or re-writing / analyzing researched or existing internal content using various criteria to create rich and relevant virtual / digital learning courses
• Comprehending, visualizing, and executing course specific learning flow through coherent storyboarding / session outline
• Collaborating with subject matter experts / team of freelancers / internal stakeholders to produce creative learning content using storytelling skills, adult learning principles, instructional design theories and models
• Utilizing / adding relevant learning elements such as storytelling, animation, interactivity, etc. while designing course content / curriculum post a proper need diagnosis and in consultation with the product development team
• Developing / curating course specific collaterals meeting requisite quality standards and agreed specifications
• Reviewing developed assets, such as storyboards / static mocks / courses / videos / animations / interactives, etc., for quality & IP / Plagiarism
• Creating and following project guidelines, style (& branding) guidelines, and processes
• Proactively collaborating with all relevant stakeholders (internal and external) on project tasks to ensure on time task completion
Experience / Skills / Qualifications:
• Postgraduate with 5-6 years of proven Instructional Design experience in the L & D industry
• Visual design skills and ability to storyboard for video, animation, and interactive output
• Ability to write effective instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Exposure to ID models like ADDIE, Agile ADDIE, Kirkpatrick Model of Evaluation, Andragogy, etc.
• Experience in LMS Management and administration including maintenance of SCORM compliant courses
• ID Certification from any reputed institution will be a plus
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to work with agility and open to feedback and iterations
• Proficient in English language
• Creative writing & loads of Patience :)
Pls submit your updated CV and a few of your work samples to [email protected]