that are ENGAGING, MEANINGFUL and FUN!
Who want to make a DIFFERNEFCE
A place with HEART
Do EXPLORE a journey with us!
Careers in FocusU
Build on your unique strengths, interests and passions and inspire change by working on organizational challenges & learning journeys!
FocusU is an exceptional place to launch or sustain a rewarding career in the domains of Learning & Facilitation. The range of workshops that we offer to our clients, calls for our team to be very learning agile, voracious readers, open to new outcomes & possibilities and passionately driven to create an impact for our customers. We are always looking for kindred souls. Read on to know if this feels like a place for you.
Life at FocusU
Regardless of what role one performs here, the expectation is to be a team player and to help others succeed. If personal growth is your only motivator, this place will not resonate. A few other themes here are: No micromanagement. Being self-driven. Being extremely hungry to keep learning. To laugh easily and much. To live CHOPS every single moment.
What you will do
Our team today serves a wide spread of clients – most of whom are blue chip companies. We create impact with these organizations by being their learning partners, engagement partners, consultants and advisors. You will work with client teams all across the country and also across some global geographies. You will engage on a wide spectrum of customer challenges.
How you will grow
At FocusU, learning never stops. On an average, we add two new offerings to our portfolio every month. Alongside, we also partner with some of the best learning organizations across the world. All this, along with exposure to the learning and business challenges of some of the world’s leading companies, ensures a constant opportunity for personalised growth.
We're looking for people who believe in
Rancho (From 3 Idiots)
Old FocusU Saying
We are big believers in the Danish “Hygge.” For us it is about being with people we love. A feeling of home. A feeling that we are safe and shielded to let our guards down. It is about enjoying a cup of tea in silence with friends, while it rains outside.
We are big believers that books are the cheapest & easiest way for individuals and hence the organization to grow. So, anyone wanting to buy ANY book to learn can just go ahead without any prior approvals. All we ask is – do share the knowledge!
A large part of life in FocusU is about travel. We believe that travel is the best teacher. Our work takes us to all parts and corners of the country (and sometimes outside too) where workshops are done. Truly as it is said, “All those who wander are not lost.”
While working at FocusU, I learned how to live a good life and make it meaningful, which is priceless and not everyone gets a chance. As the company evolves, so do you. That is what keeps me going.
An open environment to discuss and debate, a strong foundation, thanks to the culture to have difficult conversations and other perks like the flexible work timings and leave policy - just adds to it.
Every day is a day of learning and at my own pace. The whole place feels like a family that protects you, helps you grow, lets you make mistakes and celebrates all your achievements-big or small. More...
Moments we cherish
OPENINGS WITH US
We are looking for a qualified Content manager to join our team. You will be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining content to achieve our business goals. Your duties will also include distributing content to raise brand awareness, monitoring web traffic and metrics, and constantly trying to implement best practices.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrable creative writing skills. As a Content manager, you should have a sense of aesthetic and be detail-oriented. If you are also an expert in content optimization, we would like to talk to you.
Ultimately, you should be able to oversee all marketing content initiatives to ensure customer engagement, brand consistency and a positive customer experience.
• Collaborate with marketing team to plan and develop site content, style and layout
• Completely own the blog in terms of regularly publishing relevant content that is SEO optimised.
Also relook at updating older blogs to attract more traffic.
• Edit, proofread, and improve other writers’ posts for our blog
• Interface with external freelancers for regular content for the blog.
• Analyse website traffic and users’ engagement metrics
• Own the social media channels of the company and ensure that they are regularly updated
• Manage content distribution to online websites & social media channels to increase web traffic
• Develop an editorial calendar for every month
• Ensure compliance with law (e.g., copyright and data protection)
• Conceive of and publish eDMs to our CRM database.
• Stay up to date with developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
Key competencies needed for the role:
• Creative Spark
• Story Maker
• Excellent communicator
• Data orientation
• Hunger to learn
A few things that would help us making a faster decision:
• Proven work experience as a Content manager
• Hands on experience with WordPress
• Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
• Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
• Familiarity with social media
• Knowledge of graphic designing tools
• Excellent writing skills in English
• Attention to detail
• A creative bent of mind
• A degree in Journalism, Marketing or relevant field
We really appreciate it when you meet us after you do your homework about us. So please visit our website and check out the following pages specifically:
If what you see and read resonates with you – we look forward to hearing from you! Please send your resume to email@example.com
In this role the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
• Writing content from scratch and/or re-writing / analyzing researched or existing internal content using various criteria to create rich and relevant virtual / digital learning courses
• Comprehending, visualizing, and executing course specific learning flow through coherent storyboarding / session outline
• Collaborating with subject matter experts / team of freelancers / internal stakeholders to produce creative learning content using storytelling skills, adult learning principles, instructional design theories and models
• Utilizing / adding relevant learning elements such as storytelling, animation, interactivity, etc. while designing course content / curriculum post a proper need diagnosis and in consultation with the product development team
• Developing / curating course specific collaterals meeting requisite quality standards and agreed specifications
• Reviewing developed assets, such as storyboards / static mocks / courses / videos / animations / interactives, etc., for quality & IP / Plagiarism
• Creating and following project guidelines, style (& branding) guidelines, and processes
• Proactively collaborating with all relevant stakeholders (internal and external) on project tasks to ensure on time task completion
Experience / Skills / Qualifications:
• Postgraduate with 5-6 years of proven Instructional Design experience in the L & D industry
• Visual design skills and ability to storyboard for video, animation, and interactive output
• Ability to write effective instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Exposure to ID models like ADDIE, Agile ADDIE, Kirkpatrick Model of Evaluation, Andragogy, etc.
• Experience in LMS Management and administration including maintenance of SCORM compliant courses
• ID Certification from any reputed institution will be a plus
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to work with agility and open to feedback and iterations
• Proficient in English language
• Creative writing & loads of Patience 🙂
Pls submit your updated CV and a few of your work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org