Leadership is taking responsibility while others are making excuses – John C. Maxwell
One of the most common malaise affecting a large population of people, both in our personal and in our professional life is our propensity to wait for someone else to act, take initiative, assume blame, or take charge. But very often, no help comes.
While initially, all of them believed that the problem was “out there” – they eventually realise that by learning new ways of thinking and acting – by taking accountability – they got the results that they were seeking all along.
Through an engaging workshop experience woven around this children’s fable, interspersed with experiential activities, FocusU gives participants a new way to think about the concepts of Ownership and Accountability – to use it in a day to day manner. The workshop comes alive by the use of a series of self-assessments that help participants understand the concepts better – and in applying it immediately in their own lives.
1) Below the line versus Above the line behaviours
2) Common stages of “Playing the victim”
3) Individual accountability versus joint accountability. “I win when we win” attitude
4) Feedback versus Feedforward – as an antidote
5) Taking ownership for results
6) Moving beyond reasons – the “What else can I do” attitude
7) The Noah Principle
If getting your team to take up Ownership and Accountability is a conversation that you want to engage your team in – FocusU invites you to explore The Road to Accountability workshop!
Contact us today – we will be glad to meet up and discuss the possibilities for your team!
– All product and company names used are Trademarks or registered Trademarks of their respective owners. Use of them does not imply any affiliation or endorsement from them.
– Some of the material in this page are intellectual properties of its respected owners, corporations and entities
30th October 2018 was a day full of learning and experience with the FocusU Team. This was the first session conducted for our Leadership team where we learnt the concept of Growth Mindset & Accountability. As a People’s company, everyone knows and understands the concept, however the kind of activities and experiential learning programmed by the FocusU team added an element of excitement and gave us enough room to think and play around it.
As one of the prime takeaways, we learnt the principle of See it, Own it, Solve it and Do it. Great effort was put into make the overall session very logical coupled with the de-briefs after summing up each activity.The session got wrapped up with a team picture and a short video of the experiences captured by the team in a nutshell. The TrueBlue India LLP team wishes you all the best for the future inventions in the Learning and evolving world of success.