This is an unique offering conceived and created by Adam Thompson, an award winning artist from Australia.
FocusU invites you to the MusoMagic Challenge!
• When run in the physical mode, this is how we go about it:
o We start with a few icebreakers to relax the nerves and fire up the spirits
o Participants are rotated between 3-5 activity stations to gather lyrics for the song and practice the chorus
o What follows is a brief, guided, stream of conscious writing activity to produce hundreds of uncensored lyric options from all the participants combined
o Teams then engage in writing the verse and filming of the scenes
o Then comes learning to sing the newly created verses – along with the chorus
o This is followed by storyboarding and filming the interpretations of the new lyrics they have written.
o We then cap it with one final 10 minute highly charged and choreographed singing & dancing in a (hopefully) picturesque location – with the whole team.
• While run in the virtual mode, the modus operandi is no different. The only difference is that everything is run through a virtual platform. The challenge for the teams is to not just come up with the verse and sing it together, but also to synchronize all their movements within the confines of a laptop screen. The constraints throw up a lot of creativity and fun. Teams working together always find a way to overcome these limitations.
Our team then retreats to mix the song, edit the video and 8 hours later.. hey presto…
Your eager team is then invited to join together in front of a video screen to celebrate a high quality song and video ….. how we do all of that in a day… well, that is the MAGIC part. The collective pride that the whole team feels when they see the final edited version of their own anthem, that they helped co-create, is immense. Goosebumps at this stage is a common occurrence!
A few key parameters:
Physical or Virtual
Where this can be run
20 – 1500
Debrief can be customised
Is this workshop right for my team?
The MusoMagic Challenge does not require any prior knowledge of music or song writing from participants. All it requires is an open mind. A few aspects that can be brought out powerfully through the activity are:
• Overcoming pre-conceptions and mental biases – of what we can and what we cannot do
• Breaking Silos – by moving from a ME to a WE world view
• Collaboration – across functions, hierarchies and ranks
• Team work and Team bonding – how it came about so naturally & the role of different individuals in making it happen!
Contact Us today – we will be glad to meet up and discuss the possibilities for your team!