“I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.” -Pablo Picasso
FocusU’s microlearning solutions for corporate learning helps bring personalized, device-friendly, engaging learning and engagement content right to the cell phones of employees.
Being bite-sized modules, employees can not only access it in the flow of work, but also retain the information for a longer period of time. Leverage our expertise in microlearning platforms in a wide variety of use cases ranging from employee induction to learning reinforcement.
Why should L&D teams embrace Microlearning?
Here are some of the ways you could leverage microlearning with new joiners:
⦁ Help them explore the organizational values and link them to their work.
⦁ Enable them to understand the competencies important for their role.
⦁ Get your new joiners to work on live projects in their specific functions.
⦁ Help your new joiners become aware of the key policies.
⦁ Get your new joiners pick up important leadership skills on the go and apply them at work.
⦁ Enable the new joiners to stay connected with the others and learn informally.
⦁ Keep them informed about the different organizational resources available
⦁ Use fun activities to keep them engaged and informed.
⦁ Allow them to share thoughts, concerns and highs to others in their own cohort who could become their sounding boards
Call us today. We would be glad to partner with you on this journey!
How We Do It
BITE SIZE LEARNING
CALL TO ACTION
Where does microlearning fit in your Learning & Development Strategy?
Why you should try one:
• Content that is tried and tested in our workshops
• Ready, set go! Very little set up and implementation time
• Delivered on the mobiles of every employee!
• Self-paced learning (1-6 months) in bite sized modules
• Maximum ROI for your learning budget
A snapshot of our Microlearning offerings:
Microlearning: All Your Queries Answered
Online Business Simulations: All Your Queries Answered
While an entire Microlearning Module can be around 30 to 40 minutes, it is broken down into 4-5 sessions which are bite sized and can be consumed in 10 to 15 minutes . These sessions are delivered through an app on the phone of the learner. Hence the learner can access these sessions anytime and anywhere. Each of these sessions have a variety of learning actions such as reading, watching a video, reflections and applications. The sessions are designed for engagement and impact.
Yes, we do have off the shelf programs on a broad range of topics. They are listed below this section.
Online Simulations on the other hand actively engage participants. The actual simulation itself is a gamified experience and hence totally captivates participants. Debrief sessions that follow, help the participants to understand the simulation report and gain insights which they can readily apply at work. This brings an additional layer of depth and richness to the online learning experience.
One of the compelling reasons why organizations are adopting microlearning, other than their effectiveness is the ROI it delivers. Pricing for each of the modules is as less as INR 2500 per person for a six months access. In case microlearning is bundled as a part of a learning journey (which are a series of different workshops run for a single cohort) the prices work out even better.
Yes, we can customize content based on your specific requirement. We would obviously scope the amount of work before commenting on the pricing – but rest assured it is very nominal. One of the things we have done is to help communicate values and competencies in a most engaging way using microlearning. Do reach out to us for a deeper discussion.
You are right! Ensuring learner engagement on online modules is a science. We have learnt this over the years through our many engagements with clients. Here are a few things that work:
• Design of the Content:Easy, interactive and application-oriented content which keeps the learners engaged and reduces cognitive load that can cause disengagement.
• Learner Onboarding: We recommend that the learners are onboarded onto the platform before they begin their journey. There is a higher chance of engagement if the purpose and objectives are clarified at the beginning.
• Regular Dashboards & Encouragement: We share regular dashboards, email and app notifications which can nudge the learner towards completion.
• Leader modelling the way: We encourage the leader to model the way by engaging with the content and sharing insights with the team. This goes a long way in engaging the learners.
• Language that is appropriate: We relate to content that we find easy to digest. If it looks or sounds like a research report, most people shy away from engagement. Luckily, the opposite is also true.
Our application supports integration with most LMSs in the market. However, technical integration can incur certain costs and it depends on the LMS you have and the level of integration required. We would urge you to experience our Microlearning application. Also, we would be happy to curate microlearning content for you on your LMS. Do reach out to us for a deeper discussion.
Yes! We would be happy to curate microlearning content for you on your LMS. Do reach out to us for a deeper discussion.
We do use videos as one format of Microlearning. However, for a complete experience, we leverage multiple types of learning actions such as reading, reflection, social learning, applications. This ensures that the learner’s whole being is involved in the process.
Yes – that is our priority! We use instructional design principles to ensure impact. The content builds on the learner’s experiences, reflections and work contexts to deliver impact. You should try it!
We can measure the impact on learning through:
• Pre and Post assessments
• Learners engagement and completion rates, captured on the app itself.
• Assessment Scores captured on the app
• Quality of study and application examples, captured on the app.
Absolutely! We can help you by taking you through a live demo. And also share a module for hands on experience. You can also ask some of your friends and fellow learners to experience the same and give you feedback. Do reach out to us for a demo and free sample content.
Yes, of course. We have curated microlearning content for other clients who will gladly speak to you about their own experiences. We have received feedback in the form of testimonials as well which is available on our website. You can read about the SMOLLAN Case Study here.