“I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.” -Pablo Picasso
What is Microlearning?Images speak better than words. So here is a 2-minute lesson!
The learning decay after the first 30 days of a workshop is nearly 80%. Unless a workshop intervention is immediately complemented by a micro-learning module that follows it, most of the money spent on the training is wasted.
How We Do It
BITE SIZE LEARNING
CALL TO ACTION
Why you should try one:
• Content that is tried and tested in our workshops
• Ready, set go! Very little set up and implementation time
• Delivered on the mobiles of every employee!
• Self-paced learning (1-6 months) in bite sized modules
• Maximum ROI for your learning budget
Here are a few of our curated offerings that are available off-the-shelf for your team to dive into:
Microlearning: Frequently Asked Questions
• Design of the Content:Easy, interactive and application-oriented content which keeps the learners engaged and reduces cognitive load that can cause disengagement.
• Learner Onboarding: We recommend that the learners are onboarded onto the platform before they begin their journey. There is a higher chance of engagement if the purpose and objectives are clarified at the beginning.
• Regular Dashboards & Encouragement: We share regular dashboards, email and app notifications which can nudge the learner towards completion.
• Leader modelling the way: We encourage the leader to model the way by engaging with the content and sharing insights with the team. This goes a long way in engaging the learners.
• Language that is appropriate: We relate to content that we find easy to digest. If it looks or sounds like a research report, most people shy away from engagement. Luckily, the opposite is also true.
• Pre and Post assessments
• Learners engagement and completion rates, captured on the app itself.
• Assessment Scores captured on the app
• Quality of study and application examples, captured on the app.
It forced me to learn and grow in spite of dealing with my busy schedule of juggling between work and a new-born back at home... you not only helped me understand new concept in merely 15 mins span to 30 mins., but also challenged me to think through different issues I feel, I should deal with. I should get them sorted mentally in my mind first than in real life... Thank you for helping me GROW my knowledge...
Thank you FocusU team and Smollan L&D team for designing such a wonderfully continuous learning program, it acted like small and effective doses to look for what next...and what more coming once way to improve. Case studies chosen were all relevant for my Global Development Team & I could not ask for more. Let’s plan for some monthly 1 hour on premise confluence sessions. Thanks once again.