“Peace is not the absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means” – Ronald Reagan
Conflict, like any other key business process, must be managed. Experiential activities create a safe environment for team members to experience real conflict—complete with emotions, assumptions, and communication challenges. They allow team members to practice their reactions to conflict and their subsequent actions.
Do members in your team know how to handle conflict?
The workshop also uses the theory from the Thomas Kilmann Conflict Mode instrument – to understand the five different conflict-handling modes of individuals and their implication in the context of the work being done by individuals.
While each person is capable of using all five conflict-handling modes, none can be characterized as having a single style of dealing with conflict. But certain people use some modes better than others and, therefore, tend to rely on those modes more heavily than others—whether because of temperament or practice. By understanding these differences, participants become more comfortable in recognizing and handling conflict when they encounter it.
A few key parameters:
Where this can be run
Up to 20 per session
Can be done
Is this workshop right for my team?
Why is it that some people seem to handle conflict in a much better way? Every interpersonal relationship, be it in office or in the personal space, has a potential for conflict. While the general connotation of “conflict” is bad – it does not necessarily have to be that way.
As the Unilever advertisement says, “Dirt is good” – in the right context. Similarly conflict is good, if managed well. But it is not a natural skill either – managing conflict must be learnt like any other skill.
What this workshop will help participants to do is:
• Define confrontation and their role in managing conflict in the workplace to ensure they maximize individual and team performance.
• Identify their preferred style/s in managing conflict and the additional strategies that they need to use to successfully resolve the conflict situation.
• Demonstrate their skills in resolving conflict and confrontation.
• Identify a plan to apply and enhance their communication skills in the workplace to address existing conflicts.
If you are looking at equipping your team members and leaders with a practical way to recognize and handle conflict, FocusU invites you to explore The Conflict Management workshop!
Contact Us today – we will be glad to meet up and discuss the possibilities for your team!
– All product and company names used are Trademarks or registered Trademarks of their respective owners
– Some of the material in this page are intellectual properties of its respected owners, corporations and entities