Women’s Leadership Program: L.E.A.D
By Women, For Women
What is the difference between men and women in leadership roles?
The latest research in Neuroscience throws up some interesting insights to our behaviours as individuals. As much as we pride ourselves as humans to have choice, the research points us in the direction that a large part of our daily behaviours are hardwired into us from a very early age. Each individual is hence a combination of their genetic hardwiring and their life experiences.
Gender stereotypes introduced in childhood are reinforced throughout our lives and become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Our stereotype of men holds that they are providers, decisive and driven. Our stereotype of women hold that they are sensitive, nurturing and communal. This is also because of the way women have been brought up. Women are always asked not to talk loudly, not to shout, be more ‘lady like’. Men are grown up to be far bigger than their space while women are grown up to be smaller than their space.
As Marshall Goldsmith and Sally Helgesen mention in their insightful book, “How women rise”, there are many more such instances:
1. Instead of claiming credit they don’t deserve, women are often reluctant to claim their own achievements
2. Instead of always needing to be right, women are more likely to be hobbled by the desire to please or the need to be perfect
3. Instead of refusing to express regret, women often cant stop apologizing, even for things that are not their fault
Although men and women do sometimes share the same undermining habits, they frequently do not. Women often face very different challenges as they seek to advance in their careers and operate on a bigger playing field, so it makes sense that they would adapt their behaviours in different ways.
FocusU brings together a thoughtfully put together Leadership Exploration and Development (L.E.A.D) program for women that focuses on the unique needs and capabilities of a woman and provides the knowledge and support they need to succeed in their roles as holistic leaders.
A few key parameters:
Where this can be run
Can be done
Is this workshop right for my team?
Companies with more women in leadership have been shown to outperform their competition by more than a third. A strong representation of women leads to improved organizational health, global competitive advantage, responsiveness to stakeholders, and a better public image. And yet, women represent a miniscule percentage of leadership in most companies. There is clearly a compelling case for every company to look at more women in leadership roles.
The outcomes that the workshop seeks to achieve with the participants are:
• To understand and appreciate one’s self better as a leader
• Balance different priorities and roles as a woman to achieve optimum results
• Identify internal barriers and learn ways to dissolve them
• Use wellness to manage energy and look at simple daily techniques
• Realize the importance of presence as a woman leader and how to develop the same
• Apply the principle of influencing assertively to conduct difficult conversations and achieve business results
• Understand the common challenges and habits which hold women back from achieving higher positions at the work place and break those habits
• Make a commitment on what to do or change
Through an immersive workshop experience that involves a mixture of introspection, discussion, debate, sharing of experiences, stories from around the world and experiential activities, FocusU brings to life the L.E.A.D workshop - to make a difference to all participants who embark on this enthralling journey.
We also believe in walking the talk. Hence this is a workshop that has been conceived and is run only by our women Facilitators.
Contact Us today - we will be glad to meet up and discuss the possibilities for your team!