Arun brings in over 19 years of experience in General management, Sales and Marketing and Operations, with reputed MNC and Indian organisations like Hewlett Packard, Godrej and HCL. In his last stint before joining FOCUS, he was the Country Manager for the Business PC category for HP India.
Having been a part of multiple teams and worked in teams spanning geographies, he is a firm believer about the "team" being the competitive advantage between companies. An avowed "peoples person", he brings in the much needed enthusiasm and passion, in delivering the same world class FOCUS experience to India. An engineer with a management degree from the Xavier Institute of Management, he is also accredited in administering the Myer Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) profiling tool. Arun is also one of the few certified Facilitators for the path breaking Lego Serious Play methodology in the country today.
An avid reader and writer, he couples this with his field experience and passion for training - while delivering programs to clients. Arun has facilitated Innovation and Leadership workshops for the senior most teams at companies like Hindustan Unilever, Tata Group, Pepsico, Sears to name a few. A sample few interventions that he has facilitated are as below:
1. Visioning Exercise for the Executive Council of large FMCG multinational to decide team charter and vision for the medium term.
2. Assisting a leading consulting organization to decide the charter for their newly formed Innovation council.
3. Training the Global Innovation Council of a leading FMCG organization on new techniques and practises in the field of Innovation.
4. Design and Delivery of team effectiveness intervention for IT Team on customer centricity, agility and execution.
5. Delivered Harvard Case Study Based experiential Leadership program with focus on execution for Global Leadership team of leading pharma organization by partnering with Dabbawalas in Mumbai
6. Designed and led intervention for leading Oil and Gas global organization on continuous improvement in execution and planning.
He has also run delightfully engaging workshops on Innovation for companies like Tata Communications, PWC, Yamaha & IOCL. He has also been invited to deliver keynote speeches at companies like Asian Paints, Zavenir Daubert, Hewlett Packard on a variety of topics like, “What motivates people at work?” to “What brings value in a sale?”.
Arun has been invited to publish his writings in many leading journals, some of his recent publications include,
1. 10 ways to inspire your team – Human Capital
2. 4 Common leadership mistakes to avoid – Thought Perfect
3. Can a leopard change its spots? – People Matters
4. The power of play – The Hindu, Business Line
5. Leadership Lessons from the Giant Skip – Domain-b.com
6. Experiential Team building needs adoption by Asian companies – Asiabiz Today