The whole is greater than the sum of its parts
Drops of water, make an ocean,
Grains of sand, make a magnificent beach.
Strains of sounds, come together to create a divine orchestra,
Just as millions of pixels, come together to create a larger picture!
• When run in the physical mode, large teams are broken up into smaller units, who are then challenged to don the role of artists. All the equipment they would possibly need is handed to them – canvases, easels, et al. Each team is then challenged to exhibit their skills, creativity and express it through a splash of colors & art. Like all time based challenges, this one too pulsates with energy as teams discuss & debate color combinations. Roles and responsibilities get quickly allocated, as teams discover hidden talents and core strengths. Each member in each team is completely focused on getting their own canvas, “just right”!
• While run in the virtual mode, the modus operandi is no different. The image is broken up into smaller sections and participants work in teams of 3-6 people each to replicate each section of a virtual document. Teams communicate with each other through various virtual modes of their convenience. The virtual document is a specially coded one designed by the FocusU team.
As the clock ticks away to a close, teams rush in their “master pieces.” However, painting a canvas is just one part of the challenge – the arguably bigger challenge, is for teams to collaborate between themselves in such a way that it adds up to a larger picture! And that is easier said than done!
A few key parameters:
Is this workshop right for my team?
This is a wonderful activity to drive home the message of being “one team” in corporate teams. The activity could be debriefed (if needed) around a few different themes:
• The whole being greater than the sum of its parts.
• None of us individually is capable of doing what all of us together can.
• Every single contribution matters.
• Underlying values, belief systems that hold a company together.
Contact Us today – we will be glad to meet up and discuss the possibilities for your team!