Thank you for your response to the earlier post on designing a team off-site. We had some readers writing in to ask for suggestions on venues to conduct team off-sites and team building programs. We had published one such list of best luxury hotels suitable for team building programs across India. In this post, we will try and look at 10 excellent venues for conducting team building programs in the South of the country (in no particular order).
Like in the earlier posts, we have kept some criteria in mind while penning this list, few of them being
Wherever possible, we have included links to both the hotel website and their banquets page for ease of planning. Let’s get started!
For the corporate group which has been to Goa multiple times and want to try out a different beach/lake location, Kerala offers many unique experiences, including pristine beaches in different districts, backwaters and even small hill stations!
1. Vivanta by Taj, Kovalam – Set on a small hill near the picturesque Kovalam beach, Taj-Kovalam is one of our favorite properties down South. The innovative layered hill type design adds to the charm of the overall experience and the hotel is located at a convenient 20 minutes from the Trivandrum Airport.
2. Raviz – Kollam – A relatively new entrant in the scene, Raviz (now managed by ITC) offers amazing service and luxurious accommodation. Accessible from both Kochi and Trivandrum airports (around 2 hours’ drive from the latter), Raviz offers a remarkable lakeside experience on the banks of the beautiful Astamudi Lake.
3. Zuri, Kumarakom – this is one of our all-time favorites: for more details, you could have a detailed read at our earlier post.
4. Kumarakom Lake Resort – An ideal venue for groups up to 50 people, this is one of our favorites for conducting senior leadership workshops. It provides the complete backwaters experience and has been rated frequently amongst the top hotels in India by travelers.
5. Vivanta by Taj, Bekal – Situated in Calicut, one of the upcoming tourist locations in in Kerala, the Taj, Bekal has easy access to the Kappil beach and combines a beach and backwater experience. Mangalore Airport now offers good connectivity to Mumbai and is situated at a 2 hour drive from the hotel.
6. Golden Palms, Bangalore – For teams based out of Bangalore, Golden Palms remains of the best options at hardly an hour’s drive from the city. Spread over lush green landscapes, the hotel also offers good conferencing facilities for groups up to 100 people.
7. Vivanta by Taj, Fishermans Cove, Chennai – Teams based out of Chennai have been using the Taj Fisherman’s Cove for one day team outings and residential conferences for quite some time. Situated off the beautiful ECR Road, this is still one of the best options in and around Chennai for groups who want to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and yet not travel too far for it!
8. Radisson Blu Temple Bay, Mahabalipuram – Located a bit farther down ECR Road, the erstwhile GRT Grand Property is now managed by Radisson Blu. With more than 130 rooms, this is one of the best options for residential conferences in and around Chennai for large groups.
For groups based out of Bangalore, who do not mind a 6-7 hours’ drive, Coorg/Madikeri offers two excellent options which round up our list of top ten hotels in the southern part of the country for conducting team off-sites.
9. Orange County, Coorg – Set in a huge, functional coffee plantation spread over 300 acres, the Orange County is one of our favourites, especially for conducting leadership off-sites. The tranquil surroundings and vast landscapes provide ample options for trekking, nature walks and visits to the coffee plantation.
10. Vivanta by Taj, Madikeri – Set in the pristine rainforest environment off Madikeri, The Taj Madikeri is a new entrant in our list. The entire resort is innovatively designed without disturbing the natural hills and rainforest vegetation that dot the area.The resort can host large groups of up to 100 people with their new banquets facility. Team experiences worth exploring include nature walks in the many natural trails crisscrossing the property to learning pottery through in house sessions. Conducting a Geocaching Challenge across the beautiful property is one of the personal favorites of our team as well!